Terms & Conditions
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
- The expedition is to commence before May 15, 2018.
- In the case of multiple individuals applying for the same expedition, one application may be submitted but it must contain personal statements from each applicant.
- You must include 1 headshot of each applicant with your application pack
- Application forms and documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and potential approval. Video submissions must include standard WildChina Explorer Grant credits at the end (graphic included with application pack). A copy of your video in MP4 format must be included in your application.
- Grant recipients will receive USD$3000 of the approved budget in advance to complete a survey exploration. The final USD$2000 will be awarded after the recipient has led their WildChina expert-led journey. The running of the winning expert-led journey is dependent on the tour receiving bookings from 4 or more travelers. In the event that the traveler quota is not reached, the tour will be cancelled and the grantee will not be eligible to receive the additional USD$2000 prize money. Recipients of the WildChina Explorer Grant should also be prepared to give an oral presentation to the WildChina office.
- Although you retain full ownership of your project and idea, WildChina has the right to replicate and use all trip ideas and aspects to generate trip product material.
- By submitting your project photos and video, you grant WildChina and our partners a perpetual, non-revocable right and license to use and modify your content for any purpose across all WildChina and our partners’ platforms. If your photos are used at any point by WildChina or our partners, you will be fully credited.
- WildChina and our partners reserve the right to publish your application on our website and across social media platforms in both English and Chinese. We do not guarantee that all applicants will be featured and will choose to feature applications that we feel best meet the WildChina vision and concept of Explore China Differently.
A committee of expert explorers will make the final decision on who will become the WildChina Explorer 2017. They will assess each of the finalist’s applications based on its originality and relevance to the WildChina vision and the concept of Explore China Differently.
ELIGIBILITY & LOGISTICS:
- Exploration projects must take place in China ( Including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and Tibet)
- All completed applications submitted by 6:00PM Beijing Time (GMT+8) on April 23rd, 2017 will be eligible for the WildChina Explorer Grant and all associated awards.
- Once your application has been received, WildChina will upload your video onto YouTube and Tencent Video for your fans to enjoy. When applications close on April 23rd, 2017 at 6:00PM Beijing Time (GMT+8), WildChina will upload your application video onto our voting website.
- 3 of the 5 Finalists will be chosen by the public through a People’s Choice vote. The public can begin voting for your application as soon as your video goes live on our site during the week beginning April 23rd, 2017. The 3 applicants with the most votes when voting closes on April 30th, will be put forward for the consideration of the judges. 2 additional finalists will be chosen from the pool of applicants by our WildChina Explorer Grant 2017 partners, World Traveller and TOMS.